Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The time has come

It is finally here. I leave in a few minutes to head up to Seattle, where I will fly out from early tomorrow morning. Both of my suitcases are exactly at 50 pounds, hopefully the airport scale is the same as the one at home! There is a stack of school supplies that did not quite make it in my suitcase. They will have to come later. Unfortunately the textbooks I ordered on Ghana's history did not come. They were to be my main resource of information for my teaching curriculum this fall. Oh well. I will just have to make do.

Everyone keeps asking, "Are you ready?" I've decided that there is no way to ever be completely ready, but it is time. I have felt very affirmed in these last few days through family, friends, and the metro church family. I am completely overwhelmed in every way, but so excited at the same time to finally be able to go be with the children I love. I cannot wait to see the kids' beautiful smiles as I arrive at the orphanage on Thursday morning! My heart just leaps thinking about seeing Sandra & Peace...

1 comment:

  1. We love you Chelsea! We'll be praying for you and the children! May God bless you with all success and influence!

    ReplyDelete