Monday, May 3, 2010

Bumper to Bumper

An understatement: Accra has traffic. It doesn't really matter what time of day, unless it is before 5am or after 10pm, the roads are packed. It took 4 hours for me to get from one side of Accra to the other on Friday night. At one point I was sitting in a crowded crowded, hot, loud city bus being smashed between two people listening to all the passengers shout and argue about the price of the fare with the fare collector. The situation struck me as rather amusing. Accra is a bustling metropolis of people. I am slowly learning my way around on the tro-tros, knowing which place to change cars. Bumper to Bumper is the name of a really popular hip-hop song around here. And while it actually has nothing to do with traffic (something more sensual I'm sure) I feel like my life does right now. My mind has been flooded with so many thoughts, emotions, responsibilities, etc that it felt like a traffic jam in the head. So I decided it was time to get away for a few days. Long overdue actually.

1 comment:

  1. that's a good plan! You do SO much Chester! Give yourself a break your just one (amazing) woman!

    ReplyDelete